How Luxury Packaging Can Help Your Brand Succeed 51
When you truly hope to wow your high-end customers, procure new business or stay ahead of competitors, luxury packaging is an immediate way to make an impact. And in spite of often being constructed using the best materials, extravagant branding and finishing of top quality, luxury packaging boxes do not need to be costly to supply.
Premium packaging for your goods, special edition items or samples can establish interest ahead of them being revealed and may accentuate the significance of your products and brand. As such, the exclusive experience of luxury packaging can develop a more powerful connection with the individual to enhance and maintain loyalty. If the receiver feels more highly regarded and special when receiving a first-rate luxury package, they'll be more likely to be committed to your brand and promote it, bettering your business' reach and reputation.
What to look at when creating luxury packaging
Typically luxury packaging implies paper over board or rigid box packaging. Your luxury packaging boxes need to reflect the luxury product inside and as a result, should be manufactured from quality materials, with a luxurious design. Customers should be able to spot luxury packaging from a first glance so they can acknowledge that the item is equally of a good quality.
To establish the feeling of luxuriousness, packaging should afford a multi-sensory experience; not only will it need to look good, it should also feel good in your hands, or even smell luxurious. Therefore, in many instances, the structural designs of luxury packaging aren't especially innovative, given that the idea of luxury is that it will be effortlessly recognised and customers will keep coming back to the same style.
Packaging doesn't have to be overly showy to suggest that it is luxury, the truth is in many instances, luxury packaging is rather minimal in style, with designers adopting the mantra that �simplicity is key'. While much consideration is put into finding the right materials and most special branding options, luxury packaging designs regularly prefer textured materials and pearlescent varnishes rather than garish, bright colours and glossy finishes.
As a guideline, your luxury packaging boxes should deliver the following:
• Be tactile - If your packaging appears nice enough to touch, chances are people will, and the moment your product is in their hands you're a step closer to securing the deal - provided your packaging can convey the vital details about your product, and what it can do for them.
• Create anticipation - Unwrapping a luxury item should feel like an event by itself. Implementing layers and smart design will trigger excitement and enable the receiver to pause between opening the box and fully seeing the item inside. This allows for them to take in and appreciate the luxury appeal of the packaging and product. Remember too that the inside of the packaging must also present quality for a unified brand experience.
• Make it uncomplicated - Luxury consumers wish their product to look classic and elegant, with heritage. Minimalist packaging with quality materials and detailing, can set a day to day item apart from the competition. Go with a fresh and uncomplicated design which denotes authenticity. Having transparent windows and apertures to display a glimpse of the product, may also further the anticipation and highlight your offerings and identity in an honest way.
• The finishing touches - Elements of design to contemplate are colour, lamination, spot UV, raised impressions - made though embossing and debossing - and scent. There are a range of finishes that can all raise the luxurious feel of your packaging.
• Be sustainable - More than ever consumers are ethically conscious, and may see extra layers and excessive materials to be frivolous or environmentally unfriendly. Using sustainable materials or luxury packaging boxes that can be reused or recycled, will both be kinder to the environment and keep the customers' interests at the forefront.
You can find out more information here about luxury packaging boxes.